Team Leader Programme
By participating in the Team leader programme students can continue their personal and professional development through the concepts of leadership, team building and management.
If you want to be the one who will manage one of the teams which are functioning inside the organization, or even the local committee and national organization at one point, then this is the place for you. Our team leaders and project managers are the ones who “make things happen” throughout the year, in a variety of fields and issues. For a clearer picture of the specifics of these teams, proceed to the “What I will do” section under “Team leader programme”
Benefits for students who join the team leader programme:
- Personal and professional development: self and others’ management and development;
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the management field;
- Development of management and leadership skills.
Besides the above, you have the chance to:
- Attend conferences, trainings and other educational events delivered by some of the most prepared professionals in various fields. Well-known trainers such as Kristjan Otsmann, Tauri Tallermaa, Indrek Rahi, Peep Vain, Harald Lepisk, Eva Truuverk, Rain Lõhmus, Vahur Murutar and Kristajan Otsmann are just a few of the people who have held trainings for AIESEC over the past few years
- Travel the world: going on an internship or by attending an international conference
- Have a higher chance to work abroad since partner companies look for young people with AIESEC experience
- Build lifelong personal and professional national and international networks comprised of entrepreneurial, ambitious young people and AIESEC Alumni
- Create business contacts worldwide in an exciting and dynamic organization
Skills and competencies you can develop as a team leader:
- Leading and managing a team
- Decision making
- Conducting and carrying out effective meetings
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-awareness (knowing your strengths and weaknesses)
- Effectiveness and Time Management
- Entrepreneurial outlook (proactively looking for opportunities, being the person who “makes things happen” instead of “let things happen”)
- Emotional intelligence
- Cross-cultural and diversity awareness
To become a team leader/project manager, you have to go first through the team member programme, but we also have positions open during the year for people who didn’t participate in the previous programme.
Just check our website for more information or contact us directly and APPLY WHEN the positions are OPEN!