Fill in the application HERE
Would you like to know what happens after you have decided to get international experience? Here are the Application steps:
- First of all you should fill the application form on-line (here) or off-line (during one of our events).
- After submitting an application, somebody from AIESEC will contact you (by phone or e-mail) and ask to send a CV in English and fill out an online questionnaire.
- The same person will settle an interview date with you, which is conducted by two or three AIESECers. The interview lasts approximately 40-50 min and the majority of it is in English.
- Normally the feedback of the interview is sent during two work days by e-mail.
- When the feedback is positive, then you are selected to one of AIESEC Internship programme. Congratulations!
- The internship contract is sent in order to familiarize you with it. If the contract has been acceptable, then you are invited to the next meeting to sign it.
- After signing you are obligated to pay the contract fee in 8-10 days (specify with the contract).
- After paying the contract fee, you will be granted an access to register in our website myaiesec.net, where also the database with internship offers is.
[1-3 months average]
By this stage you have been through the selection process and have become an official AIESEC exchange participant. On this stage you will be granted with special person in AIESEC – your Manager, who will help you during the preparation and internship period.
Now you and your Manager are able to begin the matching period. During this period AIESEC will help you find a suitable internship or a project for you. The more flexible you are in terms of geographical preferences the better.
- Logistical preparation. Ensuring that you are physically and legally prepared to work in another country. Check all your documents and businesses here.
- Community Involvement. To help you gain an understanding of issues facing the world and your own community you have an option to be involved in activities of AIESEC in Estonia.
- Direct Country preparation. Preparation on the country you will be going to and also how to cope with the pressures of living in a foreign culture – read as much as possible!
- AIESEC preparation. Providing you with knowledge about the exchange program and the roles of various entities. For this stage every EP should participate in Outgoing Preparation Seminar (OPS).
The preparation step is critically important to ensure that you are ready to make the most out of your experience in a personal and professional sense. We also see it as an important part in ensuring that the people participating in the exchange program understand their responsibilities and the role that they play in fulfilling AIESEC’s vision.
[6 weeks-18 months]
The most fulfilling step from here is experiencing the actual internship itself. AIESEC members in your host chapter provide support in receiving you, getting logistically setup while providing opportunities for cultural and social activities.
AIESEC asks for an evaluation report when you return home. We hope that your experience opens up a world of opportunities to create a better society for us all. Also, if you’re interested to continue your AIESEC career, you can try a lot of opportunities available for you in AIESEC in Estonia.
NB! Duration of all these steps depends mainly on your effort to actively go through the necessary processes. Minimum time between your decision and start of internship can be 1-2 months depending on your participation and your type of internship!