Description of the project
Be Successful is a project where 2 young volunteers from China and Singapore (aged 20-25) come toTallinn high schools in order to carry out a series of workshops. There are 4 schools involved in this project Tallinna Õismäe Gümnaasium, Liivalaia Gümnaasium, Lasnamäe Gümnaasium, Tallinna Ühisgümnaasium. : 6 workshops are taking place in the course of 6 weeks in each school.
The aim of this project is to motivate young Estonians, increase their tolerance among differences in culture, broaden their minds, build self- confidence and inspire to follow their dreams. This will lead the participants to success.
Description of the events
Preparing the volunteers – During the first week of the project volunteers will receive preoperational trainings about public speaking, crowd management and psychology. They will also get an overview of the economic and educational environment in Estonia.
Workshops – 3-hour interactive sessions will be carried out by the volunteers each week in all the schools after hours. The workshops are more intense, attractive and developing than regular lessons in school, because non-formal teaching methods are used. Individual approach and multicultural environment create an even more effective outcome.
Topics covered during the workshops:
- Entrepreneurial outlook and taking the initiative
- Team work and leadership
- Goal setting, achieving and self-motivation
- Time management and personal effectiveness
- Networking and communication
- Multicultural co-operation and international business environment
Company visits - All the participants get the chance to visit one company of our partners. The list of the companies will be added to this page soon!
Cultural evening – in the middle of February
Final event – This is a formal closing of the project where all the stakeholders and media are present. Pupils will present what they have learned from the workshops and the results of the project will be discussed.
Why should you take part in the project?
• Interact with young people from diferent cultures
• Develop your English speaking skills
• Learn public speaking, time management, goal setting, communication and conflict management skills.
• Enrich your schooldays with interacting, communicating and co-operation in the workshops.
• Know what is your dreams and set goals to achieve it.
• Take the initiative and do something to develop your school or neighbourhood
The project Be Successful is taking place in Tartu from 1st November till 15th December 2011 and in Tallinn from 16th January till 7th March 2012.
If you are interested in this project and want to participate just register yourself HERE !