How do we do it?
- As AIESEC connects students from 110 countries from all over the World and our main activity is global internship then most of the projects include global internship aswell. It means that there are one or many countries of AIESEC members participating.
- The target groups in AIESEC projects are different. In Estonia we have been concentrating on educational projects that are meant for middle or high school students. We have also been dealing with orphanages and children from hinterland. Besides educational projects there are some other popular project that we have had – like HIV/AIDS prevention, IT knowledge and refugees and immigrants intergration projects.
- Every AIESEC member that sees any problems in their country or region has the possibility to start and carry out a project near his/her heart to fix the problem. One project concentrates on one certain problem.
- AIESEC supports its members to realize their projects, helps to create necessary social network and trains members according to their needs.
- AIESEC project lasts minimum 6 weeks and maximum 1,5 years. Since AIESEC members change their position in the organisation every year then the same person is not working on the same project two years in a row. Still the projects are held year after year for sustainability and the problems probably will not get solved with in 1,5 years so it is important to deal with them continually.